- American Kennel Club
- The American Kennel Club, useful for locating
upcoming shows, tracking results, information on all facets of
registration and competition with dogs.
- Portuguese Water Dog Club of
- The parent club of the breed in the United
States. This is an invaluable source of information on all
- Portuguese Water Dog Club of
- Our local club and resource for training, networking, and
- Portuguese Water Dog
- A nonprofit organization that funds and reports
research on health issues affecting Portuguese Water Dogs.
Pedigree Study Group
- The PWD PSG strives to be a database of the
pedigrees of ALL PWDs! There are presently 32,535 records in the
database. This is an international database and includes pets as
well as show dogs. These volunteers are seeking copies of official
pedigree documents for the research archive and photographs of every
dog for the pedigree gallery. Browsing the gallery is free; full
access to the database is available for a minimum $40 donation to
the PWD Foundation.
Sue Ailsby's Clicker Training Levels
- Sue Eh!, well established dog trainer and owner of three talented PWDs, has composed
a series of training levels that makes training your dog a
step-by-step, enjoyable process that any owner can follow and
Canine Nose Work
- Nose Work is a relatively new, rapidly growing
sport teaching dogs to use their sense of smell in challenging ways.
The training and tests resemble those that might be seen with bomb
or drug detection dogs but instead use specific essential oils as
the target odors.
- 4 My PWDS
- Dog supplies and gifts, particularly for water training.
- International All Breed Canine Association
- IABCA provides a European-style dog show where each dog receives a written evaluation from each judge. They provide a more relaxed style of competition that can be a fun experience for the whole family.
- United Kennel Club
- UKC offers conformation, obedience, rally, scent work and weight pull events. This is another fun family venue.
- Spay/Neuter Research Information
- A study on long term effects of canine spaying or
neutering. Please read and discuss with your vet.
Additional Spay/Neuter Research Information
A more recent study on
long term effects of canine spaying or neutering with information on
behavioral aspects. Please read and discuss with your vet.
More Spay/Neuter Research Information
- The Georgie Project
- The Georgie Project was
a collaboration between owners and breeders of Portuguese Water Dogs
and researchers at the University of Utah. The collaboration is named
in memory of Georgie, a Portuguese Water Dog who died of an auto
immune disease. As part of the research scenario, when one of
our beloved dogs passed on, an in-depth necropsy was performed by
the researchers and the dog's ashes returned to the owner. The
staff is very caring and sensitive in assisting with the preparations.
While it is a difficult decision at a very emotional time, the
knowledge gained can be invaluable for future generations of PWDs.
Additional information is available at
Home | Our Dogs | Photo Album | About PWDs | Family PWDs | About Us | Puppies | Links
Copyright © 2018
Portuguese Water Dogs, All Rights Reserved